Positive news! Scoring 0 on assessment report but decision maker went against report. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Positive news! Scoring 0 on assessment report but decision maker went against report.

Options
anxietynum1
anxietynum1 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi, I would like to share my positive outcome. 
I posted on here the other day about scoring 0 across everything on my pip report, I rang and spoke with the decision maker dealing with my case, she was very nice and helped me loads. She went through my descriptors with me and personally phoned the assessment centre to speak with someone higher up and raised these concerns and discrepancies on the report, long story short they told her they won’t be changing report and to go off what she had. The decision maker told me she would be making a decision and asked me a few more questions, I rang the next week to be told there wasn’t a decision made and it the decision maker sent it to the quality check team, then the next day when I spoke again they informed me they went against the report and I was awarded daily living at the lower rate. I am so greatful this has been sorted without having to go through MR or tribunal. I do believe I am entitled to more and mobility but I don’t really want to fight it in case I lose it completely considering it was done this way, what do you think it’s best? It’s only been awarded for 2 years so should I stick with it and then hope at my review it gets changed or challenge it? But above all this I just wanted to share that 0 points in report  isn’t always the outcome your decision will be and it can be changed :) Thankyou to this site for all the advice x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing with us the outcome it will encourage others to know a negative report doesn't always mean a negative outcome 

But the change is most likely as a result of you speaking to the decision maker 
  • anxietynum1
    Options
    @Username_removed hi Mike, I am not saying you do get points by challenging. I just shared my story, and as it’s positive to let people know it can and does change sometimes. As I read a lot of posts about people including myself worrying on the 0 report and discrepancies. Also i had read a lot of posts and been advised that you can lose your award through challenging with a MR as it’s looked at completely over again by someone new, that is what I was worried about. 
  • anxietynum1
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Thanks for sharing with us the outcome it will encourage others to know a negative report doesn't always mean a negative outcome 

But the change is most likely as a result of you speaking to the decision maker 
    Thankyou Janer, I just wanted to share some positive news as myself I read a lot on here and like myself worry a lot about it, yes as I spoken to her I was aware she read every single piece of evidence which was hopeful. 
  • daisy1838
    daisy1838 Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    Options
    @anxietynum1 so pleased for you! 

It may not be what you think you are entitled to but at least you were heard and awarded, challenge when you’re ready <3
  • anxietynum1
    Options
    Also i had read a lot of posts and been advised that you can lose your award through challenging with a MR as it’s looked at completely over again by someone new, that is what I was worried about. 
    Then you are reading the wrong things in the wrong places. The most likely outcome of an MR is an unchanged decision followed next by an increase. The least likely outcome by some distance is either a reduction in the award or its complete removal. 
    Oh really? Thankyou for this reply. So I will wait for the letter with decision to come through the post and then have a look more into it 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.