Hi, my name is EllieP! Does anyone have experience of Neurofibromatosis 1 (NF1)? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is EllieP! Does anyone have experience of Neurofibromatosis 1 (NF1)?

EllieP
EllieP Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello, I'm pleased to join this forum.  I have siblings on Special Guardianship who both have disabilities as a result of a genetic condition Neurofibromatosis (NF1).  I'd like to know if there's anyone in this forum with experience around NFI.  Thanks in advance.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @EllieP - & welcome to this supportive community. Whilst I know about Neurofibromatosis (I'm a long-retired physio so have read about this), I don't have experience of it, tho I believe we have had some members with NF1. Have you looked at this charity too? Please see: https://nervetumours.org.uk/
    Most of our members have many different disorders, but we're always here for support, & sometimes may have answers for any query you have, so please let us know if we can help in any way. We're pleased to have you join too. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @elliep :) Thanks for joining, and for sharing a bit about yourself and your siblings.

I don't have any personal experience of NF1, but I hope that another member with experience will come along soon. I've tweaked the title of your post and moved it into a different category so that it'll be easier for other members to find. 

Did you have a specific question, or are you just looking for people who can understand what you and your family are going through? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • EllieP
    EllieP Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks, @Teri_Scope.  I'm really just seeking to connect with persons who have experience with NF1.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.