7 points on my pip assessment report ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

7 points on my pip assessment report ?

Laluz123
Laluz123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi. I’m after some advice really. I applied for pip on the back of advice from DRs etc. So I had my assessment over the phone and then I was told by my support worked to ask for a copy of my assessors report. This come and I seemed to have scored 7 points for daily living and zero for Mobility. I have EUPD, anxiety and depression and mild cerebral palsy. I’m aware this has to go to a case manager which will review my assessment and look at my evidence, is this likely to change once they have looked and report and evidence together. I just done feel I can go through all this again. 

Comments

• Laluz123
    Hey. Thanks. Would the decision likely to change once my evidence and report is in front of the case manager. Or do they tend to go off assessor report? 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    It's usually the case that the DM goes with the assessment report but not always, all you can do now is sit back and wait, if it stays the same then you need to do an MR and around half of those are successful.
    You could spend this time researching MR's just in case.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Laluz123 - & welcome to this supportive community. Yes, all your evidence (including the assessor's report) will be looked at by a decision maker, then you will get a letter about your PIP claim.The decision maker does often go with the assessor's report, but not always, this will depend on how good your initial claim was, for example.
    If you don't mind me saying, sometimes a Dr thinks you should apply for PIP, yet they may not understand/know the PIP criteria. Also it's often suggested to get the assessor's report, which you would think would be helpful. However this can increase a person's anxiety to no purpose; you still have to wait for your actual decision letter.
    It's also perhaps worth mentioning that with PIP it's literally as your claim pack says, 'How your disability affects you.' So this, rather than your diagnoses.....imagine a dozen people with your disorders, you may all be affected differently, so your individual response with regards to the activities/descriptors that are looked at with PIP really matters.
    If, & it's still an if at this stage, you don't get awarded what you expect, perhaps worth looking here: https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvice.org/en/welfare-benefits/pip-mental-health-guide/help-with-your-pip-claim/how-to-fill-in-the-pip-form/   which may give some guidance. Please let us know how you get on, & know, if needed, our members will do their utmost to help you.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @lillybelle whilst it is correct to say that DM's are not medically qualified neither are many of those who do the assessment and the report and as @chiarieds says most GP's have little idea as to how benefits like PIP work as they were taken out of the loop quite some time ago.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Laluz123
    Thanks for all your help guys. It’s just that it is my first time claiming any sort of benefits so it’s all an absolute minefield to me, I just already feel so disheartened at this point. It took a lot of guts for me to open up and be honest with them and to myself.. it’s just one point off it’s so annoying. As stated above I have submitted evidence to them but they are behind on post at DWP so with my evidence, my written forms and the assessor report I hope I still have a slight chance?
  • kitkat23
    kitkat23 Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Hi Laluz... I would wait for report and see .... I didn't even know I could get the report before the decision when I had my assessment in March this year.... but I'm glad because I got 7 points daily living and 8 for mobility ..... I actually was awarded standard daily living and enhanced mobility.... they wrote that if I had a bath ( which I dont) I wouldn't be able to get out of it ....so ended up with an extra point that way 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.