Awaiting 3rd PIP assessment. Can I mention difficulties not outlined in PIP2 form? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awaiting 3rd PIP assessment. Can I mention difficulties not outlined in PIP2 form?

Options
Sweetpea8
Sweetpea8 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I feel I messed up when I filled in the how your disability affects you form I filled it in before my dad became appointee my dad became appointee after I failed at doing the assessment so the assorted said at the time for me to have an appointee 

The 2nd assessment my dad found it hard cause I wasn't there as they said they didn't need me

So I'm now waiting for a 3rd assessment we are both going to be together. 

But my question is can I mention stuff that i didnt say in the form ?
I stated in the form I can make a sandwich even though I can't 

I also stated on the form I don't do cooking much but I do cake or biscuits - but the thing is I can't cook I only lesrnd to make jacket potato that the only thing I can do but needed a lot of support doing that in my enablement sessions

But I did state if I was to cook I would need help
And I would need help from another person. 

But I sent information separately to the form such as occupational therapy assessment which has information on what I can and can't do I'm hoping they received that.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

They will look at all the evidence you sent 

You need to give real examples in your assessment about what happened when you try to do the task 

Any support you need if you can't do the task why not 

What are the consequences of trying the task and can you do it safely and reliably and repeated 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sweetpea8

It's good that you've identified inaccuracies in your claim form before the assessment as now you let the assessor know what you actually meant and the real functional challenges you face when completing the PIP activities.

It might be worth writing down the issues you mention as a reminder to tell the assessor, alongside examples of the last time you attempted that activity and couldn't do it reliably (as @janer1967 recommends).  

Also, don't forget you can submit a mandatory reconsideration to challenge an unsuccessful decision rather than re-start the process.  Here's some information from Scope on Challenging a DWP decision.

Just to let you know - I've amended the title of your thread to help others spot your query and wish you all the best.  Please keep us updated with how you get on and ask away with any more questions.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Sweetpea8
    Sweetpea8 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
    Options
    I also found I had my occupational therapy assessment in May time  but when I sent form back I didn't have information about that then as I sent it in January. 

So only sent my occupational therapy assessment in june

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.