If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nervous about upcoming Work Capability Assessment (WCA). What can I expect?

Options
skhan95
skhan95 Community member Posts: 123 Connected
edited August 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hy everyone I'm so nervous and anxious because my appointment is coming for health assessment does anyone know what to expect on the day? 
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi @skhan95

I'm sorry to hear you're getting anxious about your upcoming WCA.  Do you have a date for your appointment through yet?

From a practical viewpoint, the purpose of a WCA according to this government advisory page is:
    The WCA is used to find out how much your health condition or disability affects your ability to work. It assesses what you can do, as well as what you can’t do.
    You’ll be asked questions about how your condition affects you in your day to day life. It gives you the opportunity to explain if, and how, your health condition or disability may vary over time.
    Is there any aspect in-particular you're worried about or is it the 'not knowing'?

Just to let you know, I've amended your thread title so others who have had a WCA can tell you about their experiences.  Good luck and please keep us posted with how you get on.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • skhan95
    Options
    I'm worried about how I'll cope with the situation because I cannot concentrate at all on anything... can I ask my support worker to sit with me and attend this appointment this will be a call appointment on the 23rd of August 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    skhan95 said:
    I'm worried about how I'll cope with the situation because I cannot concentrate at all on anything... can I ask my support worker to sit with me and attend this appointment this will be a call appointment on the 23rd of August 
    Yes that should be fine, have you asked your support worker to do this for you? I'm sure they'd be happy to help.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • skhan95
    Options
    Yes my support worker is really nice he will help me :smile:
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.