hi just joined up ,lost feeling in my right leg in June plus other health issues — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

hi just joined up ,lost feeling in my right leg in June plus other health issues

Options
andyk
andyk Community member Posts: 5 Listener
hi just joined up ,lost feeling in my right leg in June plus other health issues 
any help would be so welcome i will be open about myself and say the transtion to a wheel chair is taking some time to sink in 
any clubs or support units for trike wheelchair  training anything you can think of to help me get through this  would be so wonderful 
all the best 
Andyk

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Sorry I don't know of any clubs or support 

You should discuss with your gp or physio if you have one 

Local council sometime have mobility team as well,  mine do and I have had lots of assistance from them 

Have a look on your council or adult social services 

I am a wheelchair user so understand what you are going through irs hard to adjust but you will get there 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @andyk :) Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our category for discussions relating to physical impairments and mobility issues. 

Would you mind letting us know where you're based? You don't have to say exactly where you live (in fact, please don't!) but letting us know your broad area might help us to see whether there are any services you could access in your local area. 

I'd also second Janer1967's advice to take a look on your local council's website. They should have some information about services that you may be able to access. 

Have you had any contact from your medical team about how to adjust to becoming a wheelchair user? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • andyk
    Options
    hello i spoke to the drs about how my arms are weak and finding it hard to push myself in the chair
    so they sorted a phone call for Monday morning ,i already get pip but at a lower rate on both scales 
    my back spasm lasted 19 hours where icould not move causing  yet another disc cutting feeling to my top right thigh muscle
    its so kind of you all to welcome me i live in Doncaster i called the Dr yet again saying the transition from just walking to the wheelchair  had messed with my head alot i had a head scan and back and hip Xray also being sent to the memory clinic i can see a word but if i walk out the room its forgot  waiting on the memory clinic appointment
    thats about it any help would be so welcome my son and partner katie have paid for a power adptor for my wheelchair 
    so it turns it into a trike  to try to give myself a lift and being able to get out  make my head feel better hope to hear from you 
    all the best
    Andy kirk
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I live in Doncaster so know these services are available 
  • andyk
    Options
    thank you will ask some more in the morning if that ok 
    good night 
    thank you for the reply 
    Andyk

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.