Hi, my name is onebigvoice! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is onebigvoice!

Options
onebigvoice
onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 747 Pioneering
Hi all,
  I have looked at your site before and although being on another Disability site for many years and being on Admin, the forum had changed.  Questions were not being answered, and found in some cases wrong information had been given
  When correcting this information, and not in a nasty way, was told that its to technical?  I have never abused verbally or otherwise, in any comments that I make and respect all comments even about my own posts, as I believe that being disabed my self and being thrown in at the deep end so to speak, I have learnt a lot and to date have cost DWP and PIP's £1000's because of the assessment companies that they use.  I have not lost a case yet and in giving advice, the advice is subject to you deciding to go ahead with what I have suggested, i other words " you have the final say "  Some things cannot be explained in a few words, so if comments I make, you don't understand then say so.  This is very rare since, I have been a Senior Safety Officer for 45 Years and write Risk assessments and Method Statements for the HSE so I have been brought up with the laws including Disability and sickness Acts, also being a Senior Shop Steward for over 45 years so reports I write DI NOT HAVE GREY AREAS, all my suggestions I give can be checked, so when using them in a Tribunal the same questions can be asked, because the DWP/DLA/PIP's and UC all make the same mistakes.
  Yes I do have a mental illness, but this is used to my advantage, in so much as I have said my questions are to the point and no room for grey areas, most answered with a simple yes or no, normally results with a " we asked for a report from XYZ and any complaints about the report should be sent to their complaints team. "  How many of you have had that?  or you need to have a M R or Right of Access first?  If the decision Mker had done his job you would not need a MR or ROA since like you informations you send in, its on headed paper and justified.
  So, if excepted on the site my first comment is that when being " assessed " by ATOS, Maximus, Capita or Concentrix we are told that all ASSESSORS have been aproved by the Secretary of State, and therefore in being hired by DWP or PIP's to give that report it has to be of the same quality that the information you send in and be fully justified.  Look at ANY report written by the assessment company and show me their Valid ID number, Full name as it is shown on the medical register for their qualifications, Signature, and evidence used to support or justify that report, including the signed declaration at the end that s/he has not been influenced in the writing of the report and was written by them and understand the consequesces should the court find the report substandard or unsupported.
  I am sorry the first one is long but will comment on posts later by saying firstly, the assessor is not qualified to give a medical report, since you have not been given any I D in the reports they produce, and that NO REPORT WRITTEN BY THEM IS EVER ENTERED ONTO YOUR MEDICAL HISTORY?  WHY IS THAT?  Because they are Disability Analysts trained to gather information. .  

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @onebigvoice

Thank you for joining us here at Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. Sorry to hear you have previously had negative experiences with using disability sites. It sounds like your previous experiences have been frustrating for you and have meant that you have not always had the support you require or deserve. I hope you enjoy being a part of our supportive community. It sounds like you can use your experiences and respect for others to ensure others also have a positive experience within our community. I will look forward to seeing you around on our forum  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.