Raised complaint about UC, but haven't heard anything. Any suggestions? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Raised complaint about UC, but haven't heard anything. Any suggestions?

Options
cazza6565
cazza6565 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
edited August 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi 

Can someone help me out . I raised a complaint about UC via the online complaint FORM on the 6TH July 2021. It supposedly has a 15 day time frame for them to get back to you. No call or email or anyrhing. Several journal entry messages and phone calls to Customer Services throughout the past 4 weeks and all you get is a generic reply saying it will be passed to a  Case Manager. I have also emailed correspondence@dwp.gov.uk several times and again no response not even an automated reply to the email. I then had a meeting on the 23RD of July 2021 with my MP and she has also written to them and had no reply. I emailed the Independent Case Examiner but they won't entertain me until I have a final response from Stage 1. Although they did at least reply to my email.

Any suggestions welcome

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited August 2021
    Options
    All I can advise is bear in mind what it says online and just be patient. 

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

DWP is taking steps to make sure we can continue to deliver essential services, while protecting the wellbeing of our staff and our customers. 

Our priority is to make sure customers continue to receive their payments and to process new benefit claims. 

Unfortunately, this may affect the delivery of some other services. This includes responding to complaints, which may take us longer than usual. In these exceptional circumstances, we ask anyone who has already submitted a complaint to be patient and we will respond to you as soon as we can.

• cazza6565
    cazza6565 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks Mike and Mark I appreciate the replies.  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.