Social Inclusion is for Everyone. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Social Inclusion is for Everyone.

Options
AndrewKeithSmith
AndrewKeithSmith Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Good Morning All

As a new member to discussion groups I would like to say "hi"
I have worked with disabled people for over 16 years, supporting clinicians with equipment solutions to help enhance lives. Very recently I was visiting a school which provides for special needs and witnessed the anguish of a care member, the little girl sitting beside her in a wheel chair said " why can`t I go on the slide like the other children ? ".
This was the beginning of a new journey which is rapidly unfolding before me. A journey though only just begun, is opening my eyes to take in the need of Social Inclusion for Everyone, to stand along side and be heard with others that are already on this journey, to join the voices that are crying out to responsible people in our society in 2021 and asking " why are disabled people still suffering" suffering because society does not recognise their true value.
We all belong together, we are one family, we need to live, work , play , socialize as one family, share the same surroundings as one family, enjoy the world we live in together as one family, have access to life alongside those in our world who are living life to the full with no disabilities.
I could continue......and will , but alongside all of you.

Step by step , with love

Andrew.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.