Anyone had difficulties with the financial assessment/assessed contribution towards Personal Budget? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone had difficulties with the financial assessment/assessed contribution towards Personal Budget?

matthewsmum29
matthewsmum29 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
Had anyone had difficulties with the financial assessment and assessed contribution towards Personal Budget?

Comments

• matthewsmum29
    Hello, I am my son's carer.
  • matthewsmum29
    I was interested in finding out about councils' fairer charging for non-residential services. Has anyone had difficulties with the financial assessment?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @matthewsmum29 and a warm welcome to our online community.  How are you doing?

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question - are you experiencing difficulties with the financial assessment?  If you could tell us a few more details (where comfortable), then it will help us better support you.

Also just to let you know - I've amended your thread title to include your question and attract the attention of those who may have been through this process, plus merged your posts together to help keep responses in this one space.

I hope you're having a good Friday.  Take care and speak again soon.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @matthewsmum29 I'm so sorry no one has been able to answer your question, please accept our apologies. Is this something you still need help with? 

Disability Rights UK has information on personal budgets which might be useful, but please be aware it was last updated in April 2020.

Don't hesitate to ask if there's still something we might be able to help with.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • LouRoots8
    LouRoots8 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    I’ve had a lot of issues with the financial assessment from the local authority. 

Are you aware of disability related expenses (DRE)? These should be taken into account when calculating how much you need to contribute. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.