I'm struggling to work, even after work adjustments, due to pain. What should I do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm struggling to work, even after work adjustments, due to pain. What should I do?

Options
Littlewinker
Littlewinker Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2021 in Work and employment
I've got arthritis in my back neck and shoulders, and I am struggling in work, even after work adjustments. I feel I can't physically cope because of pain. What should I do?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 
    I would suggest you speak to your hr department to see what options are available 

You could consider medical dismissal or possibly ill health retirement if in pension scheme if you have had adjustments made and nothing else can be done to keep you working 

If you are in a union they may be able to help 

If you want anything explaining just ask 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Littlewinker - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. Would it be possible to reduce your hours? Also have you discussed the pain you have with your GP to see if they can help? Kindly let us know how you get on. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Littlewinker :) Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our employment category and renamed it slightly so that other members can find it more easily. 

I'd second the suggestions above, in that it'd be worth speaking to both your employer and your GP to see what more can be done. Would you feel comfortable speaking to your employer about this?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.