Hi, my name is LuckyLes! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is LuckyLes!

Options
LuckyLes
LuckyLes Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2021 in Start here and say hello!

Have you seen the fantastic news from HSIB?

https://www.hsib.org.uk/investigations-and-reports/timely-detection-and-treatment-of-spinal-nerve-compression-cauda-equina-syndrome-in-patients-with-back-pain/?fbclid=IwAR0S5sjTm_bsuQmMjhTGJjWVSZLed-d1Q-5PVumhSKSLK73MKwUwX1QSkds

1.    Check the link. Ctrl + enter or click, or copy/paste entire link into browser

2.    Read the report. Lengthy but excellent and easy to understand

3.    Sign up for email from HSIB providing information as implementation progresses

4.    Spread the word to all members of all groups

5.    You can also email HSIB to tell them your story at enquiries@hsib.org.uk <enquiries@hsib.org.uk>;

6.    Brief information is.. “HSIB is dedicated to improving patient safety through independent investigations into NHS-funded care across England, without apportioning blame or liability.”

Thank you all...

I have just signed up for HSIB updates. When it got "Job Title" I put "Sufferer of CES".

When asked my Organisation, I put "Cauda equina Syndrome Support"......I am confident that it will accept any recognised cauda Equina organisation

IT GOT ACCEPTED!

I URGE PEOPLE TO DO THE SAME...Let's create a deluge of response to this fantastic news to show HSIB our support and gratitude

Finally, I can "sleep" tonight knowing that someone is doing something about this after 9 years (for me) of deaf ears...****, ****, pain, and pathos!

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired, as I read on a daily basis, the messages in forums from members in CES-I and CES-R who are not getting the urgent treatment they require and progress to having this cruel and horrible syndrome.

Regards

One very happy relieved person

Les <moderator removed surname - personal details not allowed on the community> 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LuckyLes and a warm welcome to our community, how are you today?

Thanks for sharing that with us.  I wasn't familiar with the Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch before but it's an independent patient safety investigation service hosted by NHS England.  For more details, please see this Government webpage.  

If anyone else wants to sign up for email updates, you can put 'not applicable' in both job title and organisation fields if you wish.

Just to let you know @LuckyLes - I've removed your surname from the bottom of your post to protect your identity.  The sharing of details isn't allowed on the community, as per our house rules.

Thanks for spreading the word again and I hope you have a lovely day.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LuckyLes - welcome to the community & thank you for sharing the above information. I hadn't heard about HSIB either, but their report on Cauda Equina Syndrome was a very interesting read, & thoughtful in it's comments. It's also very sad that Cauda Equina Syndrome has been known about for so long, & yet there are certainly gaps in how it should be considered, & in a very timely fashion indeed. My best wishes, Les.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.