Pip tribunal appeal success — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal appeal success

Options
beanieg
beanieg Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I applied for pip, got no points asked for mandatory reconsideration still no points so I appealed went to tribunal after a very long wait and finally I won the appeal got awarded pip, I have a phone call 3 days ago the man on the phone said he was processing my claim and asked about confirming bank details and asking about if I've been in hospital etc and was told I was due backpay it would take 5 to 7 days to be in my account but my claim would be processed over night then the funds would release and an award letter would be sent out but I wasn't told how much backpay I would get just it was a large sum as he asked if I was ok with this, seemed a strange question to ask.
Has anyone else had similar experiences

Comments

• Snow92
    Snow92 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Options
    not had similar experience but congrats on your award you can relax now well done 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi great news and thanks for sharing with us 

If it is a large amount they do sometimes ask this question to make sure you are capable of managing your own finances 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @beanieg - & welcome to the forum. We have had other members being asked the same question, & it looks like it won't be long until you see the arrears in your account (likely before you get your award letter). Congratulations on your successful appeal. :)
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
    @beanieg,Can I ask how was your Tribunal experience?. Big Congratulationa on the outcome!
  • beanieg
    beanieg Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies ?
    This was my second time applying for pip, the first time I went to tribunal and had to attend court but it didn't go in my favour.
    Roughly 3 years later I applied again but found the tribunal which was over the phone much better as I was asked more questions and they went into details I think what helped was I had a support worker with me this time and they had a lot of input and was able to answer questions I couldn't understand.
    I'm just so happy I finally got the award, just a waiting game no for the benefit award letter and backdated payment.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.