NHS Continuing care. What options and agencies are there out there? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

NHS Continuing care. What options and agencies are there out there?

Iyi Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I have a request from a client who needs NHS continuing care package. I have done a bit of research on it and it apears the only agency out there supporting people is Beacon. They are also recommended by the NHS and they charge after giving 90 minutes free service - are there other options or agencies out there?


  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi @lyi, Social Services have referred me to have an assessment for NHS Continuing Healthcare. They told me that if I do get accepted into this scheme, I can keep my existing PA's (currently under Direct Payments).. They were initially employed by me privately, only one is from an Agency. I don't think you have to rely on just one Agency but it may depend on where in the country you are. 
  • forgoodnesssake
    forgoodnesssake Community member Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Not sure if you mean legal support or practical agency support: Beacon is a legal service some of which is funded by NHS England (I've just had to contact them myself) but if your client needs an NHS CHC package then the first step is to be referred for an assessment...there are clear steps that need to be taken and so probably the GP is the best place to start.  I'm not sure you need the legal people yet.  Have a look at https://www.peoplehub.org.uk/resources-2/  Lots of useful info there.

  • littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 357 Pioneering
    Not sure where in the country you are but I know Disability North gives advice and supports people to employ a suitable people. It also has a employee payment system so you which will adminjster their salary on your behalf. It might be worth a phone call.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.