Home college — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home college

Options
chloeblue04
chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
Hello 

I have to re-sit Functional Skills Mathematics Level 2 on Tuesday 7th September however I received a message from college that I will attend my maths lessons on Monday 21st February 2022. I already took my exams on Tuesday 29th June 2021. 

I haven't took part in GCSE English but I'm learning about it on BBC Bitesize online rather than in class. 

I will go back to my French lessons on Thursday 30th September. 

However I am keen to learn how to speak Mauritian Creole just like I'm keen on learning how to be fluent in Italian and Latin. 

The only person who will not allow me to learn how to speak Mauritian Creole was my mother. 

I needed extra help with my education but I will work and learn harder. 

Thanks for listening. 

Comments

• Lescol241
    Lescol241 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    As a retired adult tutor can I say “Good on you for wanting to improve yourself. Education and learning is a life long endeavour, not just for our younger years.” I used to signpost people to the BBC Bitesize web pages for Maths and English as I thought that the content and the delivery were easy for any ability to follow. 
    As far as getting your mother’s blessing I have only this; it’s your life and you must endeavour to follow your own path. Speak to her and explain why it’s important to you to learn. As a father I would find it almost impossible to deny any of my children the chance to improve themselves in any way they believed was good for them. The ability to learn languages should not be under stated. The chance to communicate in a language that both people understand is a gift and a bonus. It also helps to remove any perceived barriers too. 
    Good luck in which ever avenue you choose. There’s no such thing as a wrong decision when choosing which particular learning you undertake, it ALWAYS benefits you in your life. 
  • chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Options
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @chloeknight16071992

Thanks for your post. It sounds like you are learning a wide range of subjects at the moment, well done! I hope you are enjoying your education. You are right, effort goes a long way in education. Also, everyone needs support at one stage or another. However, please make sure you have in place the support you need to thrive to your full potential. If we can support you with anything else or answer specific questions, please feel free to let us know. Otherwise, I am wishing you all the best and I am looking forward to seeing you around on the forum  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.