State Pension credits - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

State Pension credits

Options
2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,647 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    He can request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) but before doing so he may want to get some expert advice, for that start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pee14
    pee14 Community member Posts: 172 Courageous
    Options
    @poppy123456 Thankyou Poppy
    Hes going to do a mandatory consideration and fully explain that is son doesn't have his belongings there and that he sleeps also at his friends ect ,thankyou.
  • pee14
    Options
    @poppy123456
    So he's saying he shouldn't have been getting his disability premiums on esa is that right?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    pee14 said:
    @poppy123456
    So he's saying he shouldn't have been getting his disability premiums on esa is that right?

Nope i didn't say that. Its totally possible for different decision makers to make different decisions. Just so that you're aware, it's just the Severe disability premium in question and not anything else.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • pee14
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @poppy123456 Thankyou so will his 177.10 be safe? Surely they canot try to take that from him? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The money he receives now is safe and will continue. The SDP in question, which is what he's been refused is an extra £67.30 per week.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    pee14 said:
    @poppy123456 Thankyou so will his 177.10 be safe? Surely they canot try to take that from him? 
    As poppy said it is only the SDP that is in question. The basic award is not affected by the question of where the son lives.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • pee14
    Options
  • pee14
    Options
    pee14 said:
    @poppy123456

Nope i didn't say that. Its totally possible for different decision makers to make different decisions. Just so that you're aware, it's just the Severe disability premium in question and not anything else.
    I've just noticed this @poppy123456 I didn't mean you said it lol,I meant the DWP man
  • pee14
    Options
    So when its in writing does he say he wants them to look at the SDP part of the claim?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    pee14 said:
    So when its in writing does he say he wants them to look at the SDP part of the claim?

Yes
  • pee14
    Options
  • pee14
    Options
    @calcotti
    @poppy123456
    Hi iv just done the mandatory reconsideration over the phone dwp man explained the rules but iv done it for him based on its not always 4 nights , so if he's refused again and his son claims carers allowance , will they still not award the sdp because sombody is claiming carers? Thanks.
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2021
    Options
    If the Son claims carers allowance for looking after him then he won't be entitled to SDP from the date he claims CA. Part of the criteria for SDP is no one claims CA or carers element of UC for looking after you.
    Where does the son's mail go to?
  • pee14
    Options
    @poppy123456 His mail goes to his friends

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.