Feeling suicidal I’m never going to get better — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling suicidal I’m never going to get better

Options
Hi all my good friends as you all know I suffer with mental illnesses and have been recently sectioned and spent the start of the year in hospital . I’m under a mental health team who I feel do nothing I feel like they want me dead hence why they don’t care . I’m reaching out for the help and still suffering so badly with hearing voices and seeing horned creatures it’s petrifying being like this how can I live life like this and the professionals aren’t helping 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've sent you an email @cupcake88 :) 

Is your partner there with you? It's important to us that you're safe, so please do let us know if there's anything we can do to help. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    I’ll check my email in abit I’m not feeling so good yeh he’s with me I’m not alone don’t worry x 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    I’m just sick of being like this living like this and my mental health team leave me like this the crisis teams leave me like this . 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's okay, there's no pressure or rush @cupcake88. I'm really glad that you've reached out to the community, as I know that you've found the support of our members helpful in the past. 

It's good to hear that you're not alone, as he seems to be a fantastic source of support for you.

I'll be off at 6pm, but one of the team will be around tomorrow to pick up a reply tomorrow if there's anything you need. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Thanks so much I know have all my friends on here to support me I’m going threw a real hard time at the moment x 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear things aren't too good @cupcake88 I have no words of wisdom just a virtual hug.
    We are all here for you x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    @cupcake so sorry to see your thread. There are lots of people who care about you on here. I'm glad your partner is with you. I wish I could say something more supportive but please know there are people that care about how you are feeling. X
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    @cupcake88

Sorry to read you're feeling like this, sending hugs and hoping things improve for you soon  :)
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,073 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 glad you have someone with you, sorry to read you are feeling  that your support from your teams are not helping you, we are here if you need us to talk to you.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88 stay strong we are all here for you I have been there and know where your comeing from you have support from your partner who sounds lovely and you have support on here you know you can private message if you need to talk 

Take care  stay safe stay strong x
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi lovely @cupcake88

I'm going to be bobbing on and off today but wanted to ask how you were feeling and if you'd had a settled nights sleep?  Do you have anything nice planned to do with your partner today?  

Sending lots of virtual support your way  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88 my dear friend! I've only just seen this and i'm sad to hear you're feeling this way. I'm glad you have your partner with you. I don't have any words of wisdom either but just wanted to send you a virtual -HUG- <3
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 only just seen this sorry you are feeling like this 

What do you want your team to do ? Listen , provide meds , visit you , admit to hospital? 

Be clear with them what you think you need if you know what it is you need to help you 

We are all here you have so many friends on here to help support you 

I know I'm not as active now but you can still carry on pm me 

Take care 
  • abbyk41
    abbyk41 Community member Posts: 96 Connected
    Options
    Hey I am doing dbt at the minute as I have bpd. Anyway it teaches you distress tolerance you heard of tip skill it may help you 
    If you want to know.more let me know 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Hi every one thanks for your support and kindness as always I’m not in a good place at the moment I’ll reply properly when I can . I have started a daily diary so I show my mental health team that might help them understand me more . 

I just feel that these hospital visits haven’t helped I feel like I’m on the wrong medications I just feel like I’m getting worst to the point where I don’t want to live any more I’m feeling very suicidal x 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88

Take your time with getting back to us, your priority is you and your emotional wellbeing at this moment <3   The idea of filling in a diary definitely sounds good and it will help illustrate the thoughts you're experiencing and the felt impact they have on you for your mental health team.  Do you have a support plan in place for what to do in cases you feel like this?  Have you someone from your mental health team or a crisis team you can call?  If so, please make sure to let them know asap as we want you in the best, most safest hands possible.

Also, bear in mind the other routes open to you should these thoughts become overwhelming.  In the first instance, always but always call 999 or visit A&E so a mental health liaison worker/other health-care professional can give you the support you need to keep you protected.  Likewise, if you want to talk to someone, you can:
    • call The Samaritans on 116123 or email them at jo@samaritans.org.
    • text 'SHOUT' to 85258 to speak with a trained crisis volunteer
    The NHS provide these tips for 'Coping right now' too:
    • try not to think about the future – just focus on getting through today
    • stay away from drugs and alcohol
    • get yourself to a safe place, like a friend's house
    • be around other people
    • do something you usually enjoy, such as spending time with a pet
    Sending lots of warm wishes your way and keep on talking to those around you (including us, your virtual friends).  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    @cupcake88 I hope you are feeling a bit better today and that your meds get sorted soon x

• onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 741 Pioneering
    Options
    @cupcake88 I have read your post and Admin is write never feel like you are alone.  Your partner should be strong for you and willing to hve a cup of tea and talk when you want to.  If at night you want to talk ten use the contacts Admin have given, they all help.  If in the back of your mind you know you can jut talk to some one this helps, and as admin says there is always some one to talk to here if you need to.
      I like you have been through this recently as 4 months ago and with the help of the Family have come out the otherside.  Its never a quick fix but at least over time you learn to control the trigger ponts that set you off, and are able to talk to someone straight away ( Family or Partner )  hope this helps you like it has helped me.  Keeping a diary is always a good thing as it helps you get it out of your mind to help sleep. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.