Hi, I'm Lola1966! I have spondylosis, awaiting urgent referral to neuro. Can anyone offer advice? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Lola1966! I have spondylosis, awaiting urgent referral to neuro. Can anyone offer advice?

Options
Lola1966
Lola1966 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I’m totally new to this forum! I’ve recently had an mri which shows significant spodylitic changes c5/c6 with narrowing of central canal and myelomalacia. I also have prolapsed disc l5/s1 which was diagnosed 2018. I’m due for urgent referral to neuro team but on my recent discharge letter it says once the patient has passed pt assessment can be discharged???? I’ve been suffering for a long time and feel like I may now be fobbed of with physio and pain meds-bearing in mind I’ve already tried pregabalin,naproxen,amitriptyline,codeine ect ect in the past……is the anyone in same or have been in similar situation that can shed any little bit of advice???? Tia….sorry for the long post 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Lola1966 and a warm welcome to our community, it's great that you found us but I'm sorry you're in such a lot of pain.

In terms of advice, as we aren't medically trained we'd be unable to offer reliable input into what might/might not happen as a result of the neuro referral I'm afraid.  However, I completely understand your apprehension about being left in a similar position and I'd encourage you to share with the neuro team your fears about this in detail, including the medications you've listed and any other self-help exercise you might have tried.

In the mean-time, I've moved your thread to our 'Physical impairments and mobility issues' category and amended the title to make your question more visible to others who have spondylosis and wish to share their stories.  

I hope your appointment isn't too far off and please keep us updated with how you get on.  Take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community from me too 

Sorry about what you have been suffering and wishing you all the best 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.