difficulties registering for priority services with water board — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

difficulties registering for priority services with water board

Options
underdiagnosed
underdiagnosed Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
hi, i live in a privately rented flat in north west england. as the building was converted into flats the utilities were never sectioned off and my bills are included in the rent. the electricity board contacted the water board on my behalf to register me for priority services, however the water board are refusing to do this as the landlord's name is on the bill. i'm lucky that i have a good landlord who is willing to look into this for me, however i am concerned that other vulnerable people who do not have such supportive landlords are being neglected by the water company. this feels very discriminatory to me, against the very people the service is supposed to support. can anything be done to encourage the water board to take more responsibility for vulnerable people?

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.