beeing disabled, but you can not see it — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

beeing disabled, but you can not see it

Options
catwoman
catwoman Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  o feed up with peple saying your not disabled,but just becos you can not see it does not mean its not there they call me name as i have a scooter to get a round

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I understand your frustration best way to deal with it is just try and ignore them it's  nothing to do with anyone else 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @catwoman, sorry to read your post, I know how you must feel I also use a mobility scooter and if the truth be know I look a picture of health. But I have MS unable to walk far, stumble and dragging my feet and poof balance.I’ve never had any problems or people say things like you have posted. My reply to any one saying that is “ you don’t look ignorant but you are”. And move in it will make them think hopefully.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your experience @catwoman, it can't be easy to not be taken seriously just because people can't necessarily see your condition. Do you mind me asking who was calling you names?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.