My brother is constantly ripping stuff up, and it's impacting all of us. I really need support — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My brother is constantly ripping stuff up, and it's impacting all of us. I really need support

kayleigh123
kayleigh123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hi guys.My brother is constantly ripping . He keeps destroying all of his clothes, all of the curtains  in the house. He still flushing stuff down the toilet to the point where it got blocked outside and I had to get national grid to unblock , my brother is putting stuff in bin bags secretly. We have destroyed mattress, bedding towels basically anything with strings. 

I don’t understand this behaviour, I have contacted the social worker who have not been supportive, I’ve contacted the doctors for help as this is having a massive financial impact on our household.All this is starting to emotionally affect myself, By no means am I being selfish I’m just very upset about everything as I cannot have anything as it gets destroyed. If anybody could please help me I would much appreciate it my brother lives with me full-time and I really need support,

I understand that this is must be a sensory thing. Is there any way to stop this? as every single day something else is ripped. If anybody could please give me some advice it would be much appreciated, As you can see I’m starting to get extremely upset about everything and I would never want to reduce my brother to the care system because of picking or Financial aspects, As it’s totally unfair I just need support and a better understanding.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.