Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Student Income, UC & EMA

Options
cwatson0000
cwatson0000 Community member Posts: 58 Connected
So I reported today in my journal that I’ll be starting a Full Time course of non advanced education at college this September… I am disabled have LCWRA and I’m on DLA, also I’m under 21 without parental support so I’m still eligible to claim UC. They got back to me and said any student income I’m eligible for will be taken into account even if I decide not to claim it. After emailing the finance office they said I wouldn’t be eligible for any student finance as I’m only starting a Level 2 course, but I could be eligible for Education Maintenance Allowance which is £30 a week payed fortnightly. I can’t seem to find a clear answer online and was wondering if anyone knew if EMA counts as student income, or income that would be declared to UC as a whole and then be deducted from my monthly pay? 

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.