I've just been awarded LCWRA. How long does a backpayment take? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've just been awarded LCWRA. How long does a backpayment take?

Options
Wellwell12
Wellwell12 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited September 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi there Iv just been awarded LCWRA does anyone know how long a back payment takes or how long did it take u to get a back payment they have send me a letter saying they owe me money so I know it’s being sorted just wanted to know how long 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    I'm assuming the letter you received told you the "we may owe you money" rather than we owe you money
    There's a 3 full month waiting period starting from when you reported your health condition. Whether they owe you any money will depend on the date you reported the health condition and the date of your assessment periods. ( or the date you usually recieve your money) 
    If they owe you money it can take a few weeks to re-calculate your statements to work out how much they owe. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Wellwell12
    Options
    No the letter said we owe u money and they told me the amount
  • Wellwell12
    Options
    I just wanted to know how long it takes for the back payment to hit my account 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then once funds are released it usually takes 3-5 working days to receive the money. If it's longer than this that the letter was put onto your journal then put a message onto your journal under the payments section and ask when the money will be paid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Wellwell12
    Options
  • sgore96
    sgore96 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Evening
    Sorry to jump on your post I just really need some help I was wondering if anyone could help me my partner has a number of disabilities he was signed up to UC and his commitments ect were amended, they'd call him and speak to me ect as due to his issues he's unable to speak on the phone, he was asked for a sick note which his doctor wouldn't give him due to the fact his health issues have never and will never change. They took in all his health plans ect and nothing more was said. In March 2019 it came to light he should have been in a support group, so on March 19th 2019 he was sent for an assessment. Due to us moving house ect he never had one which UC decided he reason was viable and he'd been entered to another assessment which was done a week or so ago. On Saturday the decision came back he had LCW. AFTER  appealing it we got a response that the decision was over turned and he should infact have been put into LCWRA were awaiting the decion letter which should be ready by midday tomorrow.
    My question is how far will my partner be back dated. I was advised by the complaints department manager it would be back dated til at least March 19tg 2019. Can anyone advise me is this correct or how long his back date will be. All were getting told is a computer will automatically generate a oayne t if one is due.
    Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    sgore96 said:
    Evening

Question answered on your thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/83835/lwcra#latest it's not helpful to post the same questions on multiple threads because it gets really confusing.

• Wellwell12
    Options
    sgore96 said:
    Evening
    Sorry to jump on your post I just really need some help I was wondering if anyone could help me my partner has a number of disabilities he was signed up to UC and his commitments ect were amended, they'd call him and speak to me ect as due to his issues he's unable to speak on the phone, he was asked for a sick note which his doctor wouldn't give him due to the fact his health issues have never and will never change. They took in all his health plans ect and nothing more was said. In March 2019 it came to light he should have been in a support group, so on March 19th 2019 he was sent for an assessment. Due to us moving house ect he never had one which UC decided he reason was viable and he'd been entered to another assessment which was done a week or so ago. On Saturday the decision came back he had LCW. AFTER  appealing it we got a response that the decision was over turned and he should infact have been put into LCWRA were awaiting the decion letter which should be ready by midday tomorrow.
    My question is how far will my partner be back dated. I was advised by the complaints department manager it would be back dated til at least March 19tg 2019. Can anyone advise me is this correct or how long his back date will be. All were getting told is a computer will automatically generate a oayne t if one is due.
    Thank you 
    I couldn’t say for sure but your partner should get a letter in his uc account telling him exactly what he’s owed and how they have worked it out I received my letter a few hours after the decision letter 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    sgore96 said:
    Evening
    Thank you 
    I couldn’t say for sure but your partner should get a letter in his uc account telling him exactly what he’s owed and how they have worked it out I received my letter a few hours after the decision letter 

It may not be as simple as that for this person if you read the thread i linked to in my above comment.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.