Hi! My 10yo daughter has flat feet + is struggling but concerns not taken seriously. What can I do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi! My 10yo daughter has flat feet + is struggling but concerns not taken seriously. What can I do?

Options
Rabia_Basrey
Rabia_Basrey Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello there
I need some help and advice please. My child who is 10 years old has flat feet. She doesn't walk because she fell over a lot .she lose sensation in her feet too she has pain in her legs since she was toddler . Her feet burns she never wears any blanket because of it. What shall I do I took her to so many doctors and consultant. They don't take her seriously??

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Rabia_Basrey - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining & telling us about your child's problems. I'm very sorry her concerns (& yours) have not been taken seriously. I can only think to say that you would like a second opinion, if this hasn't already been offered; I would think to initially see a paediatrician. The only other thing I can think to suggest is to ask for your child to be referred for physiotherapy; flat feet can be helped with exercise I know as a retired physio, but importantly they would be able to assess your child. I hope you can get something sorted; I know I had a fight to find out my children's problems, but fight you must to get answers, & we saw a lot of consultants too. Please let us know how you get on, & my best wishes to you both.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Rabia_Basrey and a warm welcome from me too.  How are you and your daughter today?

That sounds very painful, and I imagine as a mum is difficult to see and feel as though professionals aren't taking it seriously.  As @chiarieds has mentioned, a second opinion is a reasonable thing to ask for if the issue is still impacting your daughter's quality of life.  Would you feel comfortable seeing your GP again about this, or asking to see another GP to discuss referral options?  

Please keep us posted with any updates and take care of yourself too.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.