problems with bank blocking card when try to buy groceries etc - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

problems with bank blocking card when try to buy groceries etc

Options
2»

Comments

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    It wasn't a criticism it was an explanation for the moderator note... @piglet101
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry you feel that way, I hope you've found the advice helpful and are reassured that it is not because you didn't have covid jab  :)
    @piglet101
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @piglet101,

Your question about the problems you've been having with your bank card is completely fine for the community, the note was added due to your unsubstantiated comments about the coronavirus vaccine as Cress has said. We added the moderator note to avoid worrying any other readers of the thread.

I can't see an email in our inbox from you. When did you send the email? Did you send it to community@scope.org.uk?

Just to confirm, would you like this thread to be removed? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    On a final note from me you say @piglet101 that "this bank is particularly unpleasant" leads me to question why you still bank with them ? There are dozens of banks in the UK to bank with.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     :)  Mike, I've been with my bank now for 46 years, with no problems.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If I use my bank card for something out of the ordinary or cost more than I would spend or use my card in a different area my card will block to stop fraudulent transactions  my bank send me a text saying is this my transaction detail it if I say yes they allow the payment 

I do sometimes have to phone to verify but if I know I am going put of area I normaly contact them before hand  or if I am paying out a larger amount of money than normal 

As its been said it can only be sorted out between you and your bank 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Mike yes that happens only once eith me to be fair I said I was going to powys area snd they put Paris lol 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    I get asked to go into the app and approve the transaction on sites I don’t use much or often. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Mike yes that happens only once eith me to be fair I said I was going to powys area snd they put Paris lol 
    That’s priceless.
    Made me laugh too. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 751 Pioneering
    Options
    If I use my bank card for something out of the ordinary or cost more than I would spend or use my card in a different area my card will block to stop fraudulent transactions  my bank send me a text saying is this my transaction detail it if I say yes they allow the payment 

I do sometimes have to phone to verify but if I know I am going put of area I normaly contact them before hand  or if I am paying out a larger amount of money than normal 

As its been said it can only be sorted out between you and your bank 
    My bank the same.
    @piglet101, Banks, and I should say most bank keep asking you to change security or pin details to stop fraud or recent transactions which are not your normal purchases.
      My bank normally sends a TXT to say a recent purchase has been made ( and it could be for spends over your normal spends.  Shopping is not normally a problem, unless you have lost your card ( Not recently ) at some time and then it shows multiple purchases at at the same store for Abnormal amount.
      Ring the bank and ask why every purchase is being blocked as you say, because what the point of having a bank card you can't use.  Does this mean that you have to go to the cash point and draw out say £100 to do shopping?  Its just not practible.
      Ring them to arrange to discuss the matter, they will answer if you ring them and ask to speak to someone about the problems it is causing you.
      @woodbine said, I was with TSB which was the steel Works bank for wages, and had the same problem with them.  Went in to the branch to get a resolution, and was no happy at all, so I closed the account down and drew out ALL my money from both accounts and walk across the road and have been with santander for over 30 years.  I was with TSB for 30 Years, but they are not giving you what you need from your account, why are you still with them?  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.