Hello! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello!

Options
roiseanjoy
roiseanjoy Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi everyone!

My name is Roisean and I'm already so glad that I found this forum as I've already received some wonderful advice for an issue I was having.

I am currently diagnosed with *deep breath* fibromyalgia, chronic pain, chronic migraine, trigeminal neuralgia, hidradenitis, chronic depression, agoraphobia, anxiety and I am currently under investigation for potential thyroid issues. 

I am currently on long-term sick leave and claiming ESA and am thoroughly struggling with money issues relying solely on the small amount from DWP and my partner's salary. My company is taking a very long time to come to a decision about what to do with me (I have been off since October last year) and I'm about to have my second assessment with occupational health even though I have advised them nothing has changed since the last one!

On a positive note - I am applying for work elsewhere within my capabilities (remote and part-time) and have two interviews next week!

I also absolutely adore reading - I read 100 books last year and so far have read about 50 this year! I love binge-watching shows, especially silly cop dramas and American comedies and I am trying my very hardest to get into painting again so I can finally say that I have a hobby when someone asks!

Anyway, that was a lot and I thank anyone who managed to read it all and I look forward to getting more involved :) 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions Thanks for sharing with us about yourself 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

I note that you're currently claiming ESA. Just so that you're aware you can do permitted work and still claim ESA but you must make sure you work less than 16 hours per week and earn no more than £143 per week. (after deductions) You must tell DWP that you're working and if you work 16 hours or more per week then your ESA will end. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/employment-and-support-allowance-permitted-work-form/permitted-work-factsheet

Do be aware also that if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming ESA then it could go against you when you're assessed with the work capability assessment.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's good to see you post in the welcomes and introductions category @roiseanjoy :)

Do you have any recommendations for must-watch TV shows? 

Good luck for your interviews next week!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • roiseanjoy
    roiseanjoy Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hi again Tori! 

I just finished a show called Evil which has just started it’s second season and usually I cannot cope at all with horror (which this has a tiny bit of) etc I LOVED this show. 

And thank you! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.