Coffee machine recommendations - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Coffee machine recommendations

Options
2»

Comments

• lemurlover
    lemurlover Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    @66Mustang you would be surprised how much it saves you down the line as well as making better coffee! 6x 1kg bags of beans are around £20. If your average double shot espresso for cappuccino etc is 20 grams, that’s 300 coffees for £20 or 15p each. My nespresso pods used to be twice that at least, so it’s a saving of 45p a day assuming 3 coffees just for you! Or £165 a year (and better coffee)
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @lemurlover that’s not something I took into account but a good point. I have about 2 coffees a day so I’d save the extra money after just a year. Thanks for that. :)
  • rudolf
    rudolf Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Options
    rudolf said:
    I like the De Longhi espresso make with the milk heater/frothier built it. Model number 

EC230.BK 

Makes a great coffee especially if you use Lavazza Espresso coffee.
    This one I’m quoting is £99 on the Delonghi website at the moment under “manual espresso makers”. I have the entry level one but I don’t think they sell it now so this looks like the equivalent. The model number for the one in a different colour is:

EC260.BK

both these two are called the “Stilosa manual espresso makers.

They make a great coffee as good as any cafe IMHO though they are messy. My Mum has a De Longhi Dolce Gusto Nescafé pods thing - I’m not a fan at all of the coffee but they are not messy.

I’m pretty sure De Longhi did a hybrid machine that took pods or made espressos depending what you fancy but I can’t see it on their website at the moment.
  • Juliiaa
    Juliiaa Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Cuisineart one of the best brands of coffee makers. I have https://www.stayroasted.com/coffee-maker-with-timer/#product_1  this one and I haven't faced with any troubles. But also I used to have De Longhi which is really worthy to buy. So it depends on what do you want from your coffee maker
  • Bellamy
    Bellamy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I have a German Profitec Pro 500 just for brewing expresso. I've been using it every morning before work for over 3 years now and have no particular complaints.Type your comment
    In general, when it comes to choosing a coffee machine, I try to adhere to the principle of convenience, comfort and quality of the prepared beverage. We tried to choose only the best option for the office. I was lucky to find here https://connectvending.co.uk/blog/what-are-the-best-coffee-machines-for-the-office/ article on the topic and better understand the selection of such a coffee machine. So if you are concerned about it you can study this material.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,563 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Mine is a Gulsto gisto but i need help refilling it but that's my recommendations.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.