Coffee machine recommendations - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Coffee machine recommendations

2»

Comments

• lemurlover
    lemurlover Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    @66Mustang you would be surprised how much it saves you down the line as well as making better coffee! 6x 1kg bags of beans are around £20. If your average double shot espresso for cappuccino etc is 20 grams, that’s 300 coffees for £20 or 15p each. My nespresso pods used to be twice that at least, so it’s a saving of 45p a day assuming 3 coffees just for you! Or £165 a year (and better coffee)
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    @lemurlover that’s not something I took into account but a good point. I have about 2 coffees a day so I’d save the extra money after just a year. Thanks for that. :)
  • rudolf
    rudolf Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    rudolf said:
    I like the De Longhi espresso make with the milk heater/frothier built it. Model number 

EC230.BK 

Makes a great coffee especially if you use Lavazza Espresso coffee.
    This one I’m quoting is £99 on the Delonghi website at the moment under “manual espresso makers”. I have the entry level one but I don’t think they sell it now so this looks like the equivalent. The model number for the one in a different colour is:

EC260.BK

both these two are called the “Stilosa manual espresso makers.

They make a great coffee as good as any cafe IMHO though they are messy. My Mum has a De Longhi Dolce Gusto Nescafé pods thing - I’m not a fan at all of the coffee but they are not messy.

I’m pretty sure De Longhi did a hybrid machine that took pods or made espressos depending what you fancy but I can’t see it on their website at the moment.
  • Juliiaa
    Juliiaa Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    edited July 2022
    Cuisineart one of the best brands of coffee makers. I have https://www.stayroasted.com/coffee-maker-with-timer/#product_1  this one and I haven't faced with any troubles. But also I used to have De Longhi which is really worthy to buy. So it depends on what do you want from your coffee maker
  • Bellamy
    Bellamy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I have a German Profitec Pro 500 just for brewing expresso. I've been using it every morning before work for over 3 years now and have no particular complaints.Type your comment
    In general, when it comes to choosing a coffee machine, I try to adhere to the principle of convenience, comfort and quality of the prepared beverage. We tried to choose only the best option for the office. I was lucky to find here https://connectvending.co.uk/blog/what-are-the-best-coffee-machines-for-the-office/ article on the topic and better understand the selection of such a coffee machine. So if you are concerned about it you can study this material.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine is a Gulsto gisto but i need help refilling it but that's my recommendations.

Brightness