Your user name — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Your user name

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,610 Disability Gamechanger
Thought this might be a fun one

What does your username mean and why did you choose it?

Mine is pretty obvious I think and I chose it because I like Mustangs from the 60s. I don’t know why I chose 66 as you can get a 65 Mustang and up to about 69 are the ones I like, just a random number I guess.

Comments

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Options
    While I was in America a few years ago visiting family. I was talking with my 8yr old 'step' grandson about my like of dragons and both of our like of fantasy books, films ECT. We got talking about middle names and jokingly I told him I didn't have one because we couldn't afford it. So quick as a flash he gave me one. Dragonslayer. Its the name I use on here and in others places. I love it. it's a great middle name.? 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm on a lot of forums but wanted to keep a 'personal' forum totally separate with a name unlike the others.  Also didn't want my real name on here, or anything that could be linked back to me on other sites. 

This was the best I could come up with at the time, but I've never really been content with it!  'ObsessivelyAnxious' would have been more humorous in hindsight.  But even then, it still focuses in on just the MH problems, giving other members preconceptions before they even read a post.  Maybe I'm overthinking this. :D   Not sure if mods can change names on here but if I do ever think of a better one I'll ask! 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @OverlyAnxious I think your name is a good one but yeah I know what you mean. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We can change usernames @OverlyAnxious, if you ever want to do so just email us on community@scope.org.uk and we can get it sorted for you :) 

Love the thread subject @66Mustang, so many usernames have really interesting backstories to them!
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Mine stands for the 2 genetic disorders that run in my family; Chiari 1 Malformation (pronounced key-ah-ree) & eds which is short for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, so chiari + eds
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @chiarieds that’s interesting, if I’m honest yours was one of the names I had no idea about, thanks for sharing!
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    Years ago the BBC had a sitcom script competition that I took part in...needless to say I didn't get anywhere but enjoyed writing comedy scripts  as a hobby and sharing stuff on the forum that went along with the comp and Cress was the name of  a character in a scene I wrote...
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @Username_removed I actually wasn’t going to go for the obvious as I know you don’t like sharing personal info online! I’m guessing the CQ is from what people use on radio.

@cress that’s interesting, always just assumed it was your name!
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Have a guess.
    I doubt many will know what the cq stands for!  Originally misread it as 'esq' for esquire myself...had to Google it.  :#

Edit - Just realised I Googled qc...so I'm still none the wiser!  :D

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,432 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
        Ham radio call sign CQ is your station calling another, the usual call is CQ CQ CQ DX, The DX if you are lucky is a foreign station....I think... Please correct me if I am wrong  :#  A friends father use to be into the whole ham radio set up and I think this is what he told me   :neutral:
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Harks back to the days when I started smoking (10 weeks since i gave up now), I have used this name on more than one forum.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is thinking I should change to something more interesting 

Tbh only joined to ask question about lcwra backpay to which @poppy123456 replied 

2.5 years later I'm still here if I had known would have chosen something big more interesting 
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @janer1967 I’m the same with a lot of forums. Often I am rush to join and get my question asked and not planning on staying around so I just choose any name lol. Like you I never thought I’d be here 5,000 posts later. Luckily I chose a name I like for this forum.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,016 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well mine compared, is just plain boring, the 123 has no reverence what so ever. 
    @cress go you with writing scripts for BBC, they do need new comedy.
  • Cress
    Options
    @Sandy_123
    I wish...lol
    No it was just a comp I entered...but it had a great forum for inspiration, advice and just showing bits of our work.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,016 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Cress
     keep entering, I can see you writing comedy you seem to have a good sence of humour from your posts.
  • Cress
    Options
    @Sandy_123
    That's kind of you to say but I see myself as more irritating then funny these days...lol
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, @Cress - you still have a wicked sense of humour. :)
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    I don’t suppose it’s to do with a Latin word that I can never remember nor would I ever be able to spell it but I remember reading about it years ago how it’s often put after a name. I could be way off though. Was just a thought. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.