Does Anyone Have Knowledge on Dyspraxia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does Anyone Have Knowledge on Dyspraxia

Options
oldngrumpy
oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 216 Pioneering
edited September 2021 in Mental health and wellbeing
Someone replied to a question I raised on the possibility of being Dyspraxic a few weeks ago. 
I was encouraged to speak within this forum and not private message.

I don't know where to start, as in asking questions on the above subject.   
I have had a severe brain injury affecting me and my daily tasks for over forty years. 
So what a experienced person with knowledge  on the effects of being Dyspraxic, maybe in my mind perfectly normal in my life.
Off a Tangent...
I since the RTA have always had problems but especially the memory. I was employed by our Good Old NHS, and these people were getting concerned with my memory.
So they sent me to see a top dog Psychologist.  I had weeks of tests. And around six weeks later I went back for the results. It was then I was told that I had a Traumatic Brain Injury... I was told this is the reason why I have Memory/Mood Swings/Motivation/Co-ordination problems.
To me this was normal life. I had been struggling for over twenty five years whilst in employment. With no explanation on why I was like this.
So now can people understand why I may look at any, or if any, problems caused by Dyspraxica I may look at this as normal problems
I hope people can understand me, my English is Hodge-podge.
I was told once to not read into this Dyspraxia because it is complex.

Could any good folks reading this with knowledge on Dyspraxia, give some examples on the difficulties? Perhaps I may be able to relate.
I am not Paranoid.   Thank you Folkies ?

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @oldngrumpy :) I don't personally have dyspraxia, but the NHS website says
    Symptoms of dyspraxia can vary between individuals and may change over time. You may find routine tasks difficult.

If you have dyspraxia it may affect:
    • your co-ordination, balance and movement
    • how you learn new skills, think, and remember information at work and home
    • your daily living skills, such as dressing or preparing meals
    • your ability to write, type, draw and grasp small objects
    • how you function in social situations
    • how you deal with your emotions
    • time management, planning and personal organisation skills
    Have you spoken to your doctor about your queries over whether you may have dyspraxia?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • oldngrumpy
    oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 216 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you Tori.
    I have been querying this for over ten years. Once/if we make our way out this Pandemic, I shall make enquiries on the problem. Thank you

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.