Hi, my name is ibby321! Will I get my money backdated even though there are gaps in my fit notes? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ibby321! Will I get my money backdated even though there are gaps in my fit notes?

Options
ibby321
ibby321 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I have my work capability assessment on Saturday. I have been handing in my fitnotes since 28 02 2019. Will I get my money backdated even though there are gaps in my fitnotes as I couldn't get an appointment at my surgery alot of the time. Although I sent in alot of fitnotes but missed a few. Will I still be paid for the gaps as I kept my workcoach informed.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

If the decision is LCWRA then the extra money is usually paid from the 4th month of your claim after you reported your health condition. However, there needs to be no gaps in your fit notes so whether you will receive the full amount, i have no idea. This will be down to a decision maker to decide.
    If the decision is LCW then there's no extra money and nothing to backdate.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.