Do I send a copy of the assessors letter with my MR appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Do I send a copy of the assessors letter with my MR appeal?

mjh2222
mjh2222 Member Posts: 23 Listener
Hi

I am about to appeal and send in my new evidence for a MR for PIP and theres lots of inconsistencys on the assessors report.  Should I use her report as an appendix and highlight in red all of the errors in it with written explenations on the page?  Or should I just say in my own letter to DWP things like "the assessor said....but this is incorrect"?

Also I am calling my doctor next week to ask him for a letter for PIP with their specific descriptors on it, do I ask him to add all the descriptors on it and say that I would need prompting for them all and then ask him to give a few examples on the letter?

Thanks,

Comments

• mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,538 Disability Gamechanger
    No. Totally wrong focus. Maybe highlight a couple of obvious irrefutable major errors then put the report away. Picking apart the failings of a HCP report reduces its credibility but it won’t get you PIP. For that you need to focus on the weaknesses in your own evidence. It you pick apart a HCP report line by line it won’t have any significant impact if your own evidence wasn’t good enough in the first place.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,910 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 17
    mjh2222 said:
    Hi

Also I am calling my doctor next week to ask him for a letter for PIP with their specific descriptors on it, do I ask him to add all the descriptors on it and say that I would need prompting for them all and then ask him to give a few examples on the letter?

Thanks,

No because your GP doesn't know exactly how your conditions affect you. They don't see you cook/wash/dress/undress etc. The only person that knows how your conditions affect you is yourself. Your own anecdotal evidence is the best you can ever send. A couple of real life examples of what happened that last time you atempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.
  • mjh2222
    mjh2222 Member Posts: 23 Listener
    Thank you both, you are both correct and it makes sense.

I will not focus on errors on the assessors report.

I call my Doctor on Monday for his letter for the PIP tribunal, it will be the main peice of evidence.

He will mention all the descriptors and give a couple of examples of how a couple of descriptors affect me day to day but will say I need prompting on some others after speaking to me, is this ok?

What should my therapists letter say also?  I am going to a tribinal with PIP.

Thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,910 Disability Gamechanger
    mjh2222 said:
    Thank you both, you are both correct and it makes sense.

I will not focus on errors on the assessors report.

I call my Doctor on Monday for his letter for the PIP tribunal, it will be the main peice of evidence.

He will mention all the descriptors and give a couple of examples of how a couple of descriptors affect me day to day but will say I need prompting on some others after speaking to me, is this ok?

What should my therapists letter say also?  I am going to a tribinal with PIP.

Thanks

Why are you focusing on the GP letter being your main piece of evidence? Your GP doesn't spend any time with you to know anything about how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. If they know anything it will be becaise you told them and that's not evidence.
    As i previously advised here...
    mjh2222 said:
    Hi

Thanks,

Your own anecdotal evidence is the best you can ever send. A couple of real life examples of what happened that last time you atempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.