Do I send a copy of the assessors letter with my MR appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I send a copy of the assessors letter with my MR appeal?

mjh2222
mjh2222 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Hi

I am about to appeal and send in my new evidence for a MR for PIP and theres lots of inconsistencys on the assessors report.  Should I use her report as an appendix and highlight in red all of the errors in it with written explenations on the page?  Or should I just say in my own letter to DWP things like "the assessor said....but this is incorrect"?

Also I am calling my doctor next week to ask him for a letter for PIP with their specific descriptors on it, do I ask him to add all the descriptors on it and say that I would need prompting for them all and then ask him to give a few examples on the letter?

Thanks,

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    mjh2222 said:
    Hi

Also I am calling my doctor next week to ask him for a letter for PIP with their specific descriptors on it, do I ask him to add all the descriptors on it and say that I would need prompting for them all and then ask him to give a few examples on the letter?

Thanks,

No because your GP doesn't know exactly how your conditions affect you. They don't see you cook/wash/dress/undress etc. The only person that knows how your conditions affect you is yourself. Your own anecdotal evidence is the best you can ever send. A couple of real life examples of what happened that last time you atempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mjh2222
    mjh2222 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Thank you both, you are both correct and it makes sense.

I will not focus on errors on the assessors report.

I call my Doctor on Monday for his letter for the PIP tribunal, it will be the main peice of evidence.

He will mention all the descriptors and give a couple of examples of how a couple of descriptors affect me day to day but will say I need prompting on some others after speaking to me, is this ok?

What should my therapists letter say also?  I am going to a tribinal with PIP.

Thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    mjh2222 said:
    Thank you both, you are both correct and it makes sense.

I will not focus on errors on the assessors report.

I call my Doctor on Monday for his letter for the PIP tribunal, it will be the main peice of evidence.

He will mention all the descriptors and give a couple of examples of how a couple of descriptors affect me day to day but will say I need prompting on some others after speaking to me, is this ok?

What should my therapists letter say also?  I am going to a tribinal with PIP.

Thanks

Why are you focusing on the GP letter being your main piece of evidence? Your GP doesn't spend any time with you to know anything about how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. If they know anything it will be becaise you told them and that's not evidence.
    As i previously advised here...
    mjh2222 said:
    Hi

Thanks,

Your own anecdotal evidence is the best you can ever send. A couple of real life examples of what happened that last time you atempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.