Looking for a big, heavy duty mobility scooter that comes apart so it could fit in a car — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for a big, heavy duty mobility scooter that comes apart so it could fit in a car

DelHug50
DelHug50 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone.  I’m new to this website and stumbled across it when searching for mobility scooters. I’m in a bit of a quandary and am hoping you might be able to help.  I currently have a Kymco Mini scooter which we bought so it could be put easily in a car - mainly so that we could go on country ‘walks’. However, the scooter is clearly not built for anything other than pavements so that idea didn’t pan out. Obviously, to continue enjoying the outdoors life I’d like, I need a different, heavy-duty scooter that can cope with gravel, uneven paths and grass. However, these bigger models don’t come apart and my car is too small to take them in their un-dismantled size. So, the question is - is there a heavy-duty scooter that comes apart so it could fit in a car? A hoist wouldn’t work in my scenario. Any ideas folks? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I would suggest you visit a mobility shop so you can look at the different options available 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @DelHug50, hello and welcome, the only mobility scooters that come apart for going into a car are the small shopping boot scooters. I have one snd even with a level boot for loading some of the parts main frame and battery are the heaviest parts. I am not aware of any bigger class 2 or 3 that dismantle for going into a car. .if you want to take a large scooter on a journey it may pay to invest in a small trailer that will allows you to drive your scooter onto it and secure for travelling.
  • JohnMurray540406
    JohnMurray540406 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited October 2021
    Hi John here, i have a Titan 4 from Tzora [removed by moderator - advertising link] it comes apart and I have put it in my son's car. It is quite heavy though.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Campaigns Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JohnMurray540406 :) Just to let you know, I've removed the link from your post. This is because we don't allow advertising links to paid products to be posted on the community, as is outlined in our house rules.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.