I've been awarded standard rate mobility and daily living. Not sure whether to go to tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

I've been awarded standard rate mobility and daily living. Not sure whether to go to tribunal?

mamah72 Member Posts: 10 Listener
edited September 19 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I applied on the 12th of February,  on the 24th of June I was granted pip standard care. I did a mandatory reconsideration and was called on Monday 13th of september by a decision maker to ask if I had anything else to say. Today I recieved my MR letter and have been added standard rate mobility as well as standard for care . I still don't fully agree with the report so not sure whether to move forward and continue to appeal or not. But I hope people see you can recieve an award on your first assesment and that MR is worth it and does sometimes make a difference. 


  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,413 Disability Gamechanger
    @mamah72, you have done as much as you can at present unless you want to take it onto tribunal level. Do you feel the award given fits your abilities if so then accept the award and if you needs or condition changes you can put in a change of circumstances a year or so down the award period. 
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,508 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 19
    I have yet to come across anyone who fully agrees with a HCP report. It rather misses the point that the report is an opinion which results in a recommendation. It is not the decision. Disagreeing with some aspect of the report is totally irrelevant unless you can provide clear evidence to the contrary; the outcome would result in more points, and, those points would take you from zero to a rate or from standard to enhanced. 

    You need to forget the report and start by identifying the points you believe are missing and then look at whether that would have any impact. You also need to decide whether you are happy with the award length and whether you have a basis for dispute. 

    As you’re clearly not satisfied with the outcome why not lodge an appeal? It can be withdrawn at any point.
  • mamah72
    mamah72 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    @mikehughescq I think I am happy overall, listening to what others have been through I think I have had it fairly easy. I have been told my health will deteriorate but as @wilko suggests I can reassess again in a years time and see if I need to think again. As for now I am happy this part is over and I can now relax for a while. 


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.