I've been awarded standard rate mobility and daily living. Not sure whether to go to tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been awarded standard rate mobility and daily living. Not sure whether to go to tribunal?

mamah72
mamah72 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I applied on the 12th of February,  on the 24th of June I was granted pip standard care. I did a mandatory reconsideration and was called on Monday 13th of september by a decision maker to ask if I had anything else to say. Today I recieved my MR letter and have been added standard rate mobility as well as standard for care . I still don't fully agree with the report so not sure whether to move forward and continue to appeal or not. But I hope people see you can recieve an award on your first assesment and that MR is worth it and does sometimes make a difference. 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @mamah72, you have done as much as you can at present unless you want to take it onto tribunal level. Do you feel the award given fits your abilities if so then accept the award and if you needs or condition changes you can put in a change of circumstances a year or so down the award period. 
  • mamah72
    mamah72 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    @Username_removed I think I am happy overall, listening to what others have been through I think I have had it fairly easy. I have been told my health will deteriorate but as @wilko suggests I can reassess again in a years time and see if I need to think again. As for now I am happy this part is over and I can now relax for a while. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.