Hello, my name is claudiiewilson and I have been recently dianogsed with Fibromyalgia. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello, my name is claudiiewilson and I have been recently dianogsed with Fibromyalgia.

claudiiewilson
claudiiewilson Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello all, thought I would introduce myself :smile: been doing some research and found this website so thought I would join 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @claudiiewilson

Welcome to the community, I'm glad you found us :) 

This is a very supportive and welcoming community so I'm sure you'll enjoy getting involved, do feel free to have a look around and familiarise yourself with the community :) 

You mentioned in your post title that you were recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. How do you feel about the diagnosis? Are you managing okay?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • claudiiewilson
    Thank you for the warm welcome @Ross_Scope :smile: 

I'm feeling okay at the moment, I think its more that now I know what it is I no longer feel like I'm going mad/crazy with my symptoms and hopefully find a way to help myself. Currently going through quite a painful time at the moment, but trying to stay positive.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @claudiiewilson - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community, I'm very pleased you found us all. I'm sorry that you're having a painful time, have your Drs suggested anything that may help? :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community from me too 
  • claudiiewilson
    Thank you, @janer1967, @Teddybear12 and @chiarieds. I have seen my doctor last week and they advised exercise, and of course pain killers, got a online seminar I am joining soon with regards to Fibromyalgia so looking forward to that :smile:
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great hope you get some good advice from the seminar to help 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I've had fibromyalgia for 10 years but diagnosed in 2013. All doctors and GP's will tell you to exercise because it helps but this will depend on you. Some people find exercise makes the pain worse, i'm one of those. Pain killers for me just take the edge of the pain but never make me pain free.
    If you haven't already, you will eventually find what's right for you. You will know where that line is and you may feel that you shouldn't cross that line otherwise it may make you feel worse.
    Heat helps my pain so Spring and Summer are much better for me. Winter is the worst time as the pain is much higher because of the cold. Hot baths always help me and finding other ways of keeping warm, especially my legs, which affect me the worst of all.
    Unfortunately, it's something you have to learn to live with and do what's best for you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.