Question about Teams — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Question about Teams

Globster
Globster Community Co-Production Group Posts: 852 Pioneering
edited September 20 in Coffee lounge
Hello Scope online community
If I just ask if I click the Microsoft teams meeting link  my email will automatically launch me into the meeting or will have to download the Microsoft teams app mac pro before it will work

I look forward to getting some advice  on this matter

Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 4,955

Scope community team

Hi @Globster

Thanks for your question, you should be directed to the browser  version of Teams if you don't have it installed on your laptop, from there you may be prompted to install it or be given the option to continue in the browser version. Either way, if you click the meeting link you should be taken straight there yes.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Member Posts: 1,803 Pioneering
    Yes I don’t use it often but as Ross says it will just take you to the browser version. That’s all I have done in the past. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,285 Disability Gamechanger
    Found it surprisingly easy to use on my MacBook for a scope meeting recently.
    I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.
  • Globster
    @woodbine
    Thank I appreciate your answer to my question 
  • MarkM88
    woodbine said:
    Ooo anything interesting? 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,285 Disability Gamechanger
    MarkN88 said:
    woodbine said:
    Ooo anything interesting? 
    my lips are sealed (not a position they are used to ! )
    I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.
  • MarkM88
    woodbine said:
    my lips are sealed (not a position they are used to ! )
    Guessing it’s a project we will all find out about though in due course? Intriguing. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser Posts: 312 Pioneering
    Hi @Globster

It seems like this was a supportive thread and lots of people provided useful answers. I am just wondering if you were able to access Microsoft Teams or whether you need further support with this? I will look forward to hearing from you again soon  :)
    I have expertise in the following subjects, gained through professional settings such as high level education or employment: autism spectrum disorder, dyslexia, down's syndrome, social, emotional and mental health difficulties, assistive technology and education. Pronouns: She/her.
  • Globster
    LVolunteer I did get on Microsoft teams thank you to all great support I got from the scope online community 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser Posts: 312 Pioneering
    Hi @Globster

I am very glad to hear this!  :)
    I have expertise in the following subjects, gained through professional settings such as high level education or employment: autism spectrum disorder, dyslexia, down's syndrome, social, emotional and mental health difficulties, assistive technology and education. Pronouns: She/her.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.