Question about Teams — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question about Teams

Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,369 Disability Gamechanger
edited September 2021 in Coffee lounge
Hello Scope online community
If I just ask if I click the Microsoft teams meeting link  my email will automatically launch me into the meeting or will have to download the Microsoft teams app mac pro before it will work

I look forward to getting some advice  on this matter

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Globster

Thanks for your question, you should be directed to the browser  version of Teams if you don't have it installed on your laptop, from there you may be prompted to install it or be given the option to continue in the browser version. Either way, if you click the meeting link you should be taken straight there yes.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Yes I don’t use it often but as Ross says it will just take you to the browser version. That’s all I have done in the past. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Found it surprisingly easy to use on my MacBook for a scope meeting recently.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,369 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine
    Thank I appreciate your answer to my question 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• MarkM88
    woodbine said:
    Ooo anything interesting? 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    MarkN88 said:
    woodbine said:
    Ooo anything interesting? 
    my lips are sealed (not a position they are used to ! )
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    woodbine said:
    my lips are sealed (not a position they are used to ! )
    Guessing it’s a project we will all find out about though in due course? Intriguing. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Globster

It seems like this was a supportive thread and lots of people provided useful answers. I am just wondering if you were able to access Microsoft Teams or whether you need further support with this? I will look forward to hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    LVolunteer I did get on Microsoft teams thank you to all great support I got from the scope online community 

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Globster

I am very glad to hear this!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness