Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hello, I hope this post finds you all safe and well as can be. I requested my medical notes, and on looking through them, I discovered as a child I had been diagnosed with Larsen Syndrome, and on looking it up, I was astounded to discover that it describes me to a T. But, I can’t find any information on wether this is a childhood illness, or it continues through adulthood, can anyone give me any information please? I have been told my knees are bone on bone, but I will not get operated on until I’m 60 or over, I’m 54. Yes, I know a lot of people have had surgery before then, but unfortunately my drs have dug their heels in. But, if this syndrome continued into adulthood, I may be able to point it out to them. Thank you in advance for any comments. Stay safe and as well as you can be. X
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 616 Work and employment
- 515 Education
- 936 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 904 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 576 Chronic pain and pain management
- 635 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 817 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.