Lcwra problems. There was a mistake on my claim, when will my payment be backdated to? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra problems. There was a mistake on my claim, when will my payment be backdated to?

jacksaaa
jacksaaa Community member Posts: 21 Connected
edited December 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi there,
 Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I’ve been claiming uc since 21st august 2020 and when I started my claim I was asked why I was claiming etc and it was because I had to leave my job due to my health. I told them my conditions and was told I would need to have a health assessment, I then rang up a few times in November,December and was told to wait for my assessment and to keep sick notes, Then in February I rang again and found out the woman who took started my claim said I was fit for work even though I explained I wasn’t and left my job due to health then I was told to wait for health assessment to contact me this never happened again then I contacted them later that month and got told I need to provide sick note over the phone which I did and my sick note was from the 21st the start of my claim I have all the sick notes to cover no breaks. I’ve finally had my assessment September 2021 and been put in the lcwra group and they are saying I first provided sick note in March 2021 but I was getting told to wait for months after a mistake on my claim is it possible to get it from backdated before they got the evidence as I wasn’t being asked for it and being told to wait? My uc is a phone claim I’ve had the decision letter last week rang today and they don’t have any information about a decision being made yet 

Thanks Jack

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.