how do we prove he is no longer self-employed - Universal Credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

how do we prove he is no longer self-employed - Universal Credit

ella1992
ella1992 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
edited September 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I need advice so my partner was self employed unvcail.credit new this but this morning we put change in no longer being self employed he has phone call with unvcail credits how do we prove he no longer self employed hmrc cant take him off untill next year when tax year ends im worried sick she said on phone to ask some questions but what questions I'm confused thank u 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There will be no proof needed. I note from another thread of yours that you're claiming PIP for youself. If this includes the daily living part does your partner claim the carers element of UC for looking after you? If they do then there will be no work commitments because they are caring for you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • skhan95
    skhan95 Community member Posts: 123 Connected
    Sorry same question I want to ask my boyfriend is not entitled to any benefits but I get daily living pip enhanced rate he help me with everything 
    Can he get carer element and if yes then his work should be limited or full time work he can ? Thank u
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    ella1992. As poppy says, if he is claiming the carer element of Uc he will have no work related requirements. However as he has been self employed UC may require him to continue to report monthly income and expenditure for his self employment in order for your claim to be processed each month. If he is no longer trading he will simply report nil and nil.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    skhan95. Your circumstances aren't clear. Are you a couple living with your boyfriend or are you two single people? You say he is not entitled to any benefits so what is your/his situation? What benefits do you claim, if any, apart from PIP.
    Carer element is part of UC and is not claimed separately from it. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • ella1992
    ella1992 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
    We are joint claim it sorted now 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.