Discrimination Help. I asked DWP for a reasonable adjustment, and they didn't allow it — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Discrimination Help. I asked DWP for a reasonable adjustment, and they didn't allow it

Options
MrDan
MrDan Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,

How do other deal with being discriminated against?

I’ve been discriminated against by the DWP. Who have now acknowledged the discrimination - I asked for a reasonable adjustment, they did not allow it and now admit that they should have done. Their refusal led to me not receiving disability benefits over around two years.

This sort of things happens all the time with ever goverement agency I have to deal with

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,019 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    You're going to need to give some more information befor e anyone can even try to help you.
    For the benefit of others, there's a comment here with a little more information.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MrDan
    Options
    Hi,

There is no more information - I am just asking opinion on how others deal with being discriminated against.  
  • MrDan
    Options
    Really well done Mike. That’s awesome!!

Did they all go to a court hearing? Or did their legal department settle the cases before?

I have a number of issues. First issue as just been filed in Court. I’ve not done my particulars of claim yet, so legal department does not no anything about my claim. Did you find their legal department wanting to resolve your cases, or wanting to go through the full court process?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.