Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
pip slow and ptsd over load
the last time i spoke to you i got a email from (Removed, personal details) in essex were still waiting nothing new has come by txt or though the door my case manager spoke to me as well from gp spoke to me as pre covid went digital and sdwp run windows old school took 2 hours to get in touch you lol still with a case manager nothing changed waiting on minster (Removed, personal details) for for braintree to back to me gp going to email him to to state my mental health not getting any better.
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 135 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 614 Work and employment
- 514 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 904 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 687 Autism and neurodiversity
- 816 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.