pip slow and ptsd over load — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip slow and ptsd over load

stevevar
stevevar Community member Posts: 21 Connected
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
the last time   i spoke to you   i got a email from  (Removed, personal details) in essex were still waiting  nothing new   has come by txt or though the door   my case manager spoke to me as well from  gp spoke to me as pre  covid went   digital  and  sdwp run windows  old school   took 2 hours to get in touch  you lol  still  with a case manager nothing  changed  waiting on  minster  (Removed, personal details) for for braintree  to  back to me gp going to email him to to state my mental  health not  getting any better.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There are currently huge backlogs for PIP and the estimated timescale from applying to having the decision is about 10 months. Although the timescales are really just a guide. Nothing more you can do but wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stevevar
    do not reliase mum has spoken to them to   that my current  condtion      same and that living not town  but in a cut off village no people my age group to talk  i am   tied to the house i use community transport gp wrote and asked for a review of mental health satus the stress this is cuasing you lol  2 years  wait i  told dial 119  or  speak smaartons  not nice when you need  help dwp dont understand  mum  had cancer   in 2020  a  op im out two days a week with community transport no busses in our village  dont have any friends here i am  cutt off
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @stevevar :) Have you ever heard of the IAPT scheme? It allows you to refer yourself for NHS therapy without having to go through your GP, do you think that could be a good option for you? 

It does sound as though you're quite isolated, in part due to the transport issues. Have you considered joining any online groups? Of course the community is one, so it's great that you've joined us, but there are others that take place over video call during which you can do an activity and meet other like-minded people. For example, would you consider joining a virtual choir? It could also be worth speaking to your GP about whether there are any groups in your area that they know of that they could signpost you towards.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Iamclarissa
    Iamclarissa Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    If you complain to your MP and DWP then your PIP and LCWRA claims will be answered!  It is their fault that they are taking so long!  The government have more than enough money to get extra staff for the backlog!  It is not Covid it is their incompetence! Meanwhile literally thousands of disabled people are suffering! My own story they made a decision back in Jan but did not pay me until May!  When I complained I had the money in 2 days! Thanks 
  • DouwP
    DouwP Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    May I ask if you have to tell the MP about your disability? Or do you just mention that you are waiting for your payment?

many thanks 
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2021
    DouwP said:
    May I ask if you have to tell the MP about your disability? Or do you just mention that you are waiting for your payment?

many thanks 

HI,
    I'm a little confused by your question, can you give some more information? What benefit is this regarding? Have you recently claimed a benefit?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Iamclarissa
    Iamclarissa Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    I told everything to my MP for LCWRA and PIP!  Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Not sure what use a local MP can be with regards to a benefit claim because they mostly have zero benefits knowledge. They also won't have any idea how your conditions affect you.
  • stevevar
    edited October 2021
    becaue of  appointmens  mental   htave were canceled i am seem to  be the one doing the work    that dwp hould be doing my  gp   is  going email  (Removed by moderator, personal details) with medical evdace to send to dwp  so i am  telling the  u front trueths    had a  meeting with a lady  and she saw me   that  i wasnt my self  i emailed    explained  when she saw  (Removed, personal details) she went  quite 
    she state  we have to get you ptsd   helped  i live in a  small  village  no support  iolated  nearly  50 years of age id love to be able to meet new people i  have been though  hell since the move to essex not by choice  nurse from support was sposeto call  me about updates  but i was in a meeting in cm2 essex  not like london we  dont have a  transport hub in wethersfield village not even a bus service runs  every  two hrs the train in town    braintree  on the  hours no transporr week ends  i am taking pictures and documenting when i showed one of staff  she said i am  cutt off evryhing 
  • stevevar
    edited October 2021
    imy mp a minster (Removed, personal details) from     whos got contacts and  an army ta in a  village wethersfield essex  know  top people  and i a  bad attack off the meeting  yesterdsay    so they can see me how i am 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.