Disability benefits without the fight - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability benefits without the fight

Options
13»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
        Sorry I just see a rant because you aren't getting what you want

I couldn't agree more...
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    edited December 2021
    Options

Dear community members,

Please can we all be reminded when posting about our opinions, that we try and support these opinions with sufficient evidence from reputable sources, as outlined in our community house rules.

We would also like to provide some information from GOV.UK website about the PIP assessment process and the role and status of the assessors.

For example, GOV.UK states that “all health professionals (HPs) undertaking assessments on behalf of DWP must be registered practitioners who have also met requirements around training, experience and competence. This document must be read with the understanding that, as experienced practitioners and trained disability analysts, HPs will have detailed knowledge of the principles and practice of relevant consultation and examination techniques and therefore such information is not contained in this guidance.”

GOV.UK also states that, “The HP’s role is to assess the overall functional effects of the claimant’s health condition or impairment on their everyday life over a 12-month period, using the assessment criteria.”

With this in mind, it would be great if we could not loose sight of the original purpose of this thread and therefore, I would like to encourage other members to share their experiences of benefits assessments, to provide a well-balanced view of the assessment process.  

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,432 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
         I have no complaints whatsoever as to how my pip assessment was conducted. The HCP listened to what I said and wrote his report accordingly. The decision maker also agreed with the HCP and awarded me accordingly. At my review I had a paper based assessment because they know I will never get any better and the information they have is still and always will be relevant.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.