Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Autistic and Terrified of taking a PIP telephone Consultation
I applied for PIP and they want me to take the assesment in a week. I have severe anxiety and I cannot go through this assesment. I have already made the decision in my head that this will bring on my panic attacks and I also mishear questions and answer incorrectly. I am already desperately trying to find help online. Should I contact my workcoach (universal credit) to withdraw my claim? The problems with me are communincation and misreading situation completely and panic attacks, unable to understand questions.
If I put this to the DWP, would they really be able to help me? Even with a person or member of my family present, I would still have to answer for myself, which I recognise, would go totally wrong.
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 616 Work and employment
- 515 Education
- 936 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 904 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 576 Chronic pain and pain management
- 635 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 817 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.