Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is DouwCan I ask my employer for a work from home position?
Goo day, I’m new to this. I wonder if anyone can give me advise, Im a 52 year old man and I have fibromyalgia. Im currently booked off sick as I am awaiting a back procedure. Im currently doing a standing job, but I dont think I would be able to return doing that. I dont think my current job will be able to do adjustments to where I work. Can I ask my employer to offer me a work from home position?
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 658 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 966 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 586 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 842 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.