Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
A Lady from DWP told me my claim has been changed from ongoing to new?
As above A Lady from DWP told me my claim has been changed from ongoing to a new claim, my application forms were all sent back in time and my appointment with the assessor is booked for 20/10/21 with my claim ending on the 7/11/21 . My forms were in months ahead of the date. My question is Can they change my claim from ongoing to new ? I have been claiming pips for the same health condition since 2014. Last time we had to appeal and the judge overturned their decision in my favour , This seems to be the reason they say its a new claim .
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 616 Work and employment
- 515 Education
- 936 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 904 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 576 Chronic pain and pain management
- 635 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 817 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.