A Lady from DWP told me my claim has been changed from ongoing to new? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A Lady from DWP told me my claim has been changed from ongoing to new?

Lynn101
Lynn101 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
As above A Lady from DWP told me my claim has been changed from ongoing to a new claim, my application forms were all sent back in time and my appointment with the assessor is booked for 20/10/21  with my claim ending on the 7/11/21 . My forms were in months ahead of the date. My question is Can they change my claim from ongoing to new ? I have been claiming pips for the same health condition since 2014. Last time we had to appeal and the judge overturned their decision in my favour , This seems to be the reason they say its a new claim .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
     All reviews are classed as a new claims. Any new decision made will overrule your current award, which is due to end soon anyway.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lynn101
    Lynn101 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    @poppy123456 , Thank you , the wording she used confused and worried me . It was a lady from dwp who said it . Thanks again for your reply :smile:
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Lynn101 said:
    @poppy123456 , Thank you , the wording she used confused and worried me . It was a lady from dwp who said it . Thanks again for your reply :smile:

You did originally say that it was someone from Capita and not DWP that said this but then edited your post. Just wanted to say this because my comment doesn't make sense now, so i'll edit my comment above.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.